Friday, May 19, 2017

Whittled Jam/Cheese Spreader

Christmas is a season for gift giving.  I plan on being ready.  Here's a fairly easy little project that requires only a piece of Basswood and a knife.  I am referring to the Santa handled spreader only - not the jar of home made strawberry preserves.



The materials needed are a piece of Basswood measuring 1 x 1 x 6 inches, paint, and food grade oil for the finish.  Tools needed are a scroll saw or a band saw, knife, and pencil and paint brush.

This project is carved on the corner of the Basswood.


I think the above photo is self explanatory...



4 comments:

wds said...

That's a nice idea for a gift Tom. I've got a couple of sister-in-laws that would really appreciate something like this for Christmas. I think I'll have to do a couple of them if you don't mind,
Wayne

Tom H said...

Let me know how the spreader works out! They are kinda fun to whittle.

wds said...

Tom I couldn't figure out how to send a picture to this blog so I sent you a private message on Wood Carving Illustrated .
Wayne

MANIGANDAN said...

thank you so much for taking the time for you to share such a nice information,.,
Carving Courses Chennai